Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipe With Pineapple, Turmeric, Coconut and Chia seeds
So you’ve read about the health benefits of turmeric, but you do not know how to use it in your day to day diet? No problem. Here’s a smoothie recipe that uses turmeric in the most refreshing way – and it provides a whole host of health benefits.
So what are the main ingredients in our smoothie?
Turmeric – of course. This has to be one of the best spices! It can be used to detoxify the body, reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system.
Pineapples contain the digestive enzyme bromelain, a natural enzyme that supports the digestive system in assimilating and absorbing nutrients from the food we eat.
Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, protein and fiber. As for coconuts, these are full of healthy fats as well as maganese which supports the bones.
If this all sounds good to you, you’ll love our anti-inflammatory smoothie. Not only does it heal, it taste amazing too.
Anti-inflammatory smoothie with pineapple, turmeric, chia seeds and coconut
Apart from the main ingredients, pineapple and turmeric, this smoothie contains coconut,chia seeds , powdered maca and other super healthy foods. Remember that you can always adapt the recipe to your own taste by adding or removing certain ingredients.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric powder or fresh turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon grated coconut
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper (it may sound weird but it is necessary to increase the absorption of curcumin into turmeric)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- Serve over ice (optional)